- M.A., B.A. and PhD students, full-time and extramural
- students aged: 19 – 28
- minimum English level – intermediate
- student ID card must be valid until 31 October 2021
- foreign students need to submit their student visa or residence card (Karta Pobytu) valid until at least 1 October, 2021
- due to a high visa refusal rate we DO NOT accept foreign students in their final year at university
- the passport must valid for at least 6 months after your return to Poland, it is not required at the moment of application.
- students of post-graduate studies and final year students of post-secondary schools.
- students who will start their education in February/March 2019 (not applicable to the students who graduate with a B.A. diploma in engineering and continue to M.A. degree)
- students who are on a dean’s leave.
- students who are former WAT participants and who were terminated from the program (for failing to fulfill their obligations under their job agreement, breaking the program rules etc.)
- IMPORTANT: First-year students become eligible WAT participants after passing their first exam session (not applicable to first-year M.A. students). These students may apply for the program, however their application will not be accepted until they pass the first semester at the university.
- IMPORTANT: The program is dedicated only to the Participants who are interested in the American culture, gaining experience, developing language skills, making new friends and international contacts. We will not accept students who are interested only in the financial aspect of the program.
- The candidates need to be open-minded, responsible, mature and easily adaptable to a new, different culture.
The earliest program start date is 25 May
The latest program end date is 25 September
Minimum work period is 12 weeks
After the work period ends, the students can travel in the United States (they cannot travel beyond the borders of the United States) during the 30-day grace period.
The Participants may use the whole grace period for traveling but they must return to Poland by 1 October.
The Department of State and the U.S. Embassy in Poland may change the above requirements at any stage of the application process.
Check W&T USA FAQ HERE