Who is eligible?
- M.A., B.A. and PhD students, full-time and extramural
- students aged: 19 – 28
- minimum English level – intermediate
- student ID card must be valid until 31 October 2023
- foreign students need to submit their residence card (Karta Pobytu) valid until at least 1 October, 2023
- due to a high visa refusal rate we DO NOT accept foreign students in their final year at university
- the passport must valid for at least 6 months after your return to Poland, it is not required at the moment of application.
- Participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Due to a limited number of placements in the program TBW can offer for third-country nationals studying in Poland, and all students in general, only the following applicants are eligible:
- Students who completed at least one year of university education in Poland and continue the same field of study, at the same university.
- Students who have a residence card.
- We will NOT accept applications from students who arrived in Poland in 2022 and will start their first degree in October 2022.
- Final-year BA students may apply, provided they are planning to continue their MA studies in Poland following their graduation.
- The above requirements are final and apply to the program organised by The Best Way. Their purpose is to increase the chances of J-1 visa approval, however, TBW cannot guarantee all applicants will be granted a visa, even if they meet all requirements.
- If you do not meet the above requirements, unfortunately you cannot apply for the program with The Best Way.
Who is not eligible?
- students of post-graduate studies and final year students of post-secondary schools.
- students who will start their education in Poland in October 2022 or in February/March 2023.
- students who are on a dean’s leave.
- students who are former WAT participants and who were terminated from the program (for failing to fulfill their obligations under their job agreement, breaking the program rules etc.)
- IMPORTANT: First-year students become eligible WAT participants after passing their first exam session (not applicable to first-year M.A. students). These students may apply for the program, however their application will not be accepted until they pass the first semester at the university.
- IMPORTANT: The program is dedicated only to the Participants who are interested in the American culture, gaining experience, developing language skills, making new friends and international contacts. We will not accept students who are interested only in the financial aspect of the program.
- The candidates need to be open-minded, responsible, mature and easily adaptable to a new, different culture.
The earliest program start date is 25 May
The latest program end date is 30 September
Minimum work period is 12 weeks
After the work period ends, the students can travel in the United States (they cannot travel beyond the borders of the United States) during the 30-day grace period.
The Participants may use the whole grace period for traveling but they must return to Poland by 1 October.
The Department of State and the U.S. Embassy in Poland may change the above requirements at any stage of the application process.
Check W&T USA FAQ HERE